NOTICE and CAUTIONS
In order to avoid damages or malfunctions, please follow the instructions below carefully when installing or using the U-LOCK.
Conditions for usage
- As U-LOCK is a duct for industrial usages, do not use it for any other purpose. Otherwise, the product may be damaged or deteriorated and causes to lose functionality.
- Do not use this product at any environment that could be exposed to rain, wind, ultra-violet or heat outside of U-LOCK as it may trigger a corrosion or condensation of rail equipment.
Please use the product within the operating temperature range described in the catalogue as the continuous/instantaneous operating temperatures mentioned in the catalogue are set based on the evaluations by our technical evaluations.
Depending on the actual environment and conditions, the product may not be suitable even if it is within the operating temperature range. Please check and observe if this product is compatible to your environment based on the actual conditions.
- In case of using for exhausting high temperature, there could be small amount of smoke may be emitted at the initial stage but this does not affect product performance.
- Please also use secondary air when exhausting high temperature air or gas. For CAR-FLEX in particular, please consider introducing compressed air or suctioning with a fan so that secondary air can be introduced.
- Please use U-LOCK with lower pressure than the acceptance range mentioned in the catalogue. (The acceptance range is a value for ambient temperature and air.)
- The acceptance range of negative pressure listed in the catalogue is to prevent the U-LOCKs being crushed.
- In case of bending the U-LOCK to install them (e.g. mounting positions at both ends are 180°), please keep the start and end of the U-LOCK straight at least for the same length as its diameter and bend them no less than minimum bending radius. Please also consider using bend pipes to prevent U-LOCK being bent more than necessary.
- In order to prevent U-LOCK being twisted, please install them so its center axis will parallel to the ways you are using the U-LOCK.
- U-LOCK is excellent in flexibility but not good in maintaining its original shape so shapes or how it looks like could be different by the lot or conditions of your construction. For instance, it could have waviness and deflection by its own weight. For this reason, please consider about sufficient safety factors when you calculate the pressure loss. (Pressure loss increases as the number of bending points increases.)
- Do not use U-LOCK with any conditions that gives continuous vibrations that could give negative effects to its functionalities.
- Do not use U-LOCK in any places where there is a possibility of damages such as external force repeatedly loaded by external factors.
Chemical resistance described in the catalogue is a reference based on general characteristics of chemicals.
When you are selecting ducts we recommend you to examine and evaluate the suitability of your actual operating conditions.
- TB+, TW + is intended to be used with other materials. Please note that these are not for usage with a single layer. Please also note that the characteristics of the ducts changes depending on the materials to be combined with them.
- In case of using TB + for explosion protect, please take appropriate actions before use such implementing grounding wires from helix section.
- The cover cannot be used where the operating temperature exceeds 300°C.
- Due to its structure of ducts, for some materials you may see the two pieces connected but this does not give any negative influence on product quality.
- Due to its structure of the duct, for some materials you may see the two pieces connected but this does not give any negative influence on product quality.
- The specifications and contents of the catalogues could be changed without prior notice.
Transportation, Storage and Unpacking:
- Storage of U-LOCK must be done with free from water, dust, rain, wind, or direct sunlight.
- Please be careful not to deform U-LOCK when storing. Please also be careful not to put anything other than the same duct on them.
- Please be careful not to scratch the product with cutter, knife or scissors when opening U-LOCK from containers/packages.
- Due to its structures, U-LOCK can be pressed when packaged. When you are unpacking, please extend the product before use in order to remove compression and bending stick on the material,.
- Make sure to wear protective equipment (safety shoes, goggles, gloves, etc.) and pay close attention to people and objects during moving and transporting U-LOCK.
- Please be careful not to give any damages to U-LOCK before use especially during transportation. Do not drag the U-Lock as the helix, covering, or materials can be damaged.
- During the installation, please wear protective equipment (safety shoes, goggles, gloves, etc.) and pay close attention to people and objects around you.
- Please be careful not to damage U-LOCK when installing, as it may give a negative impact to its function.
- In case of U-LOCK being damaged before use, do not try fixing it with tape or other method.
- Do not make any changes or modification to U-LOCK by yourself as the product may be damaged or lose functionality.
- Please make sure there are nothing that could damage the U-LOCK around it.
- Do not climb on, slap, drop, or apply any physical damages to U-LOCK.
- Do not deform U-LOCK before or during installation.
- If you have a welding job somewhere close to the U-LOCK, please be sure to protect U-LOCK by a fire-proof sheets or something to avoid U-LOCK being damaged by welding sparks.
Keep your fingers and face away from the edge of U-LOCK as the helix parts at the end of duct are sharp and there is a risk of injury depending on the use.
In case of adjusting the length, please provide filings to remove burrs of the edge to prevent injuries. Please wear protective equipment (safety shoes, goggles, gloves, work clothing, etc.) when cutting the U-LOCK.
- Make sure the U-LOCK is mounted properly to the ceiling to prevent them falling on people.
Although the usage conditions are listed as above as a reference, it is very difficult to expect the exact product lifecycle of U-LOCK as it depends on the environment they are used at.
For this reason, U-LOCK is not set for a certain time period for product warranty.
Depending on the operating environment and conditions, the product may not be suitable. Therefore, when you are considering to implement the U-LOCK, please consider and evaluate the suitability of the product under actual operating conditions.
OHTSUKA Co., Ltd. provide disclaimer from legal liability from malfunction or damages caused by, but not limited to, the followings.
- End users not following the instructions of our catalogue (such as target environment, acceptable pressure, minimum bending radius, storage conditions, installation manuals, etc.) or the cautions above.
- The product is used or installed in an environment where deterioration, deterioration, or deformation is expected to occur.
- Any modifications to the products by third parties.
- Failures of parts or materials of third parties are used.
- Artificial mistakes caused during transportation or installation.
- U-LOCK used in improper ways or in environments where deterioration, chemical damage or corrosion, are expected (e.g. extremely low or high temperature, highly humid, exposed to ultraviolet rays, etc.)
- Failures of air conditioners or machines the U-LOCK are connected.
- Deformation or reforming of the end user’s facility, such as due to natural disaster, aging degradation, constructions at other areas, etc..
- EEnd users or buyers not informing damage and defects found when the U-LOCK are delivered and implemented.
- Any malfunctions or damages happened in the same product but purchased from original manufacturers or other distributors.
- Any malfunctions or damages caused that could not have foreseen by technical knowledge at the time of product delivery.
- Any act of god (natural disaster, typhoon, earthquake, lightning strike, flood, etc.).
- Any consequence of human neglects.
- Any damages by animals such as dogs, cats, birds, rodents, or bugs.
- Any force majeure such as riots and terrorist activities.
- Any other malfunctions or damage that does not obviously lead to our fault.